We are seeking a Priest in Charge
We are located in the City of Southampton with the New Forest, an international airport (actually in our Parish), the largest cruise ship port in the UK, two universities, the Solent Coast and the South Downs all on the doorstep of your 5 bedroom Rectory.
We are a Parish full of opportunities. Within 18 months the turf will be cut on an estate of 1,100 new homes which will surround our Parish church. We’ve congregations who don’t want to lose traditional liturgy and choral worship but do want to explore alternative services. We want to reach out more to the wider world. We’re crying out for someone to lead and guide us in all of this!
To achieve these aims we are seeking someone:
- to embrace the diversity of worship across three churches.
- who is an intelligent preacher with a love of good liturgy and music
- who is innovative and resourceful in developing new approaches to worship
- to lead a team of a self-supporting curate, 2 priests with PTO and 3 LLM’s
- to enable the development of mission throughout the parish and a new estate of 1100 homes
- who is committed to nurturing spiritual and church growth
- with proven management skills and a confident user of information technology
For an informal conversation please contact:-
The Ven. Dr. Peter Rouch, Archdeacon of Bournemouth on 01962 710960
Closing date: 5th May 2016 at 12 noon
Interviews: 16th & 17th June 2016
This vacancy may also be viewed at www.winchester.anglican.org