On 18th April 1969 the church became a Grade II listed building.
In 2010 the church’s original wooden pews were replaced with more flexible (and comfortable!) chairs. The original choir stalls and bishop’s chair remain which, along with several other small items of furniture, were donated in 1898.
September 2014. The church has been put on English Heritage’s ‘Heritage at Risk Register’. A Save St Michael’s Appeal has been set up.